May 3, 2009

Back Again!

Well, yet again, I disappeared. My plan is to write a few posts today and tomorrow, and hopefully I stick to it! We've had quite a few "blog-worthy" adventures in the last week or so. Spring and summer and just so beautiful here in Jena, and we've been able to be out taking advantage of the weather and our new bikes!

But first, I thought I'd write a post about our fantastic, unexpected trip home 2 weeks ago. Michael had an interview at Auburn University, and Auburn is only 2 hours from Atlanta, so the plan was for him to fly home for the interview and spend a few days before and after with his family. At the last minute--prompted, in part, by our little adventure detailed in the last post--our parents generously offered to fly me home with him! (Auburn paid Michael's way :) I couldn't resist, and we had a wonderful time in sunny, warm Atlanta.

The flight to Atlanta was...an adventure. Michael and I were not on the same flight, and David decided to be the mayor of our airplane community. I met a really wonderful couple, and they helped quite a bit with David, but I absolutely could not believe his refusal to sleep. He stayed happy, which was of course great, but in the 24 hours it took us to get from our apartment to the Morris house, he slept a total of about 4 hours. How is that possible????

Usually when we go to Atlanta, there are a number of people we try to see. In addition to Michael's immediate family, his grandparents live there and we always like to see them. My great friend Deanna--formerly of Jena--also lives there, and I usually try to catch up with her as well. This time, though, we really just laid low and spent time at home. David picked sometime up on the plane, and it worked it's way through many of us, but other than that it was a perfectly relaxing trip. As another fantastic, last minute surprise, my parents came for the weekend too! Michal and I are always amazed at how well our families mesh. Our parents get along as if they were old friends, and really they've only seen each other a few times. It's incredible to watch, and we feel so blessed to have such peaceful (and fun!) family relationships.

Now onto the photos!


Picnicking at the park


First time in a baby swing!


Cruising in the kitchen. He actually stood, unassisted, for the first time in the Morris living room! So far it has been the only time, but it was very cool.


Showing off his baby Speedo :)



We all really enjoyed the pool and hot-tub. In April!

And finally, with the grandparents :)

He is a well-loved little boy :)

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Glad you had a good time! I asked Anja K. recently what the word was on you guys as far as jobs. Update?