Jun 20, 2009

Remember me?

Yikes. It's been almost a month!!!

David and I are back in Jena after a two week trip to the U.S, sans Michael. We missed Michael--2 weeks is a long time for a boy to go without his Dad!--but it was a great trip. We got to spend time with all 5 of David's cousins, but before we left, a 6th came along! Calder Shane Griffin arrived the day before we left to return to Germany, but David and I had the remnants of a truly, disastrously terrible cold, so it seemed best not to try to squeeze in an introduction. We are all looking forward to meeting him soon, though!

We also had a fantastic surprise birthday party for my Mom, who was seriously surprised! She was, sadly, holding David when she walked, unsuspectingly, into John & Rachel's house. Sadly, because as the crowd screamed "Surprise!" David froze, and then burst into tears. He soon warmed up to the crowd, though :)

The next day, we got to see Fiona in a dance recital--and she was awesome! It was so fun to be able to be at her first recital, and to see her determination and joy as she danced to what happens to be my favorite song from Enchanted--The Happy Working Song.

After that, it was off to North Carolina with my Mom for Stephie's wedding and a week on the beach in a giant, beautiful house. Not bad!

Sadly, my camera is somewhere out in the living room where David is currently sleeping. I will post some more photos later, but for now I'll just give the highlights that I can piece together from other people's shots! (Hooray for the internet :)

Just after the moment of Surprise!


David showed everyone his German tricks. Wie gross ist David? Er ist SO gross!


David playing with the Clark cousins at the local library. Rainy day ruled out our beach plans, but they had fun!



David gave Emily about a million kisses


But he made a mistake when he tried to take Abigail's stuffed dog. She takes her stuffed animals very, very seriously.

We did borrow Abby's walking toy for the week in N.C. David was SO into it! There's a video, too, I'm going to have to post one of these days.


At the wedding:


And, of course, kissing the bride!


That's it for now, hopefully more to come! I think I have photo's of Fi's recital on my camera...wherever it is!

No comments: