Jul 24, 2008

EuroLIfe: Day 289

Look Who's Growing!


We are pleased to report that David is finally gaining weight! He was skinny when he was born--at 19 inches and only 6lbs 4 oz--and then he lost 5 or 6 oz, and was just a very skinny (and hairy) little boy. For a while he wasn't gaining, and we've been working very hard on chunking him up a bit. Finally, this week especially, it is starting to show! He was about 7 1/2 lbs at his last weigh-in on Tuesday, and I'm sure he's even bigger now. It seems as if he grows overnight!

My parents have been here for about a week now, and will be here until Tuesday evening. (Assuming I let them leave--I'm considering my options.) We've had a great time so far which has mostly involved the following:

David being snuggled my my mom...

and sleeping soundly in her arms...


or David being snuggled and sleeping soundly in my dad's arms...


And all of us competing for David's attention.

We did manage to take one day trip to Weimar, and that was really very nice:



(I had planned to write a bit more, but the little guy has been eating pretty constantly tonight, so I only have one hand to work with :)

No comments: