Aug 15, 2008

EuroLIfe: Day 315

Boy, I can't believe it's been 10 days since my last post! I fully intend on continuing this blog--both with baby updates and with our non-baby related Germany adventures. Hopefully once the little boy gets a bit older (read: sleeps for more than 2 or 3 hours at a stretch!) I will be able to write more frequently!

As I said in the last post, we had a really great visit with Michael's family. His parents and 4 of his 5 siblings were all able to come together, and David got an enormous amount of love and affection :) We also got to see some more of the sites around Jena, which is always nice. We went to Weimar and Erfurt, and the latter was a first for Michael and I! (And for David, but I'm not sure he noticed...) Erfurt is incredible. We preferred it to Dresden, which is supposed to be more of a "must-see" for tourists! Erfurt is closer, far cheaper to get to, and both beautiful and fascinating. We heartily recommend it! (Aleisha...any chance we can get you and Tim over for a visit? Bring the kiddos? We'd love to show you around!)

So, here are some photos that capture some of our antics together. (I must be quick again because David is actually (gasp) napping in his crib and there's never any telling how long that will last.)

Here's the crazy part. After looking at these, I cannot believe how much he's grown in the last 10 days!

The first day, introductions all around :)




Michael the Tour Guide


On Top of Mount Jenzig ("Mount" should be read loosely.)


Brotherly Antics with Wasps


Erfurt







And Just Being Cuddled :)






3 comments:

Deanna said...

I love Erfurt too!!! The Dom rocks! Hard to believe it's not on more people's radar, isn't it? Your boy is adorable.

Unknown said...

"Oh, he's so cute!" says Emily.
And Reed says, actually he shouts, "He is big" The cousins were so excited to see the new pictures of David and they oohed and aaahed as we scrolled down the latest posting. They can't wait to meet him. Love from Stony Brook! Oma, Emily and Reed.

Mrs. Aleisha Brixius said...

I wish. How long will you 2 be over in Deutschland? Tim and I were suppose to go over in high school and our trip was cancelled a few weeks before we were suppose to go. We have been itching ever since. Love the pictures. Your little guy is getting big and cuter every day.