Mar 20, 2009

David Sings with Bono

I have to start by saying that if some of you don't believe my story, I won't blame you.

That said, I was feeding David his dinner tonight (spinach and ricotta tortellini) and I turned on the new U2 cd. I did so because David has taken to listening to music when he's eating. He gets bored very easily, and I discovered that by putting some music on, he will eat for at least 4 times as long as he would otherwise. In fact, now he sometimes refuses to eat unless there's music playing. (Michael tells me that, this morning, he pressed his lips shut before taking a single bite of breakfast. Michael put this album on and David ate the whole bowl of cereal.) He especially likes this CD, but he'll settle for anything fast with drums. (Ballads seem to bore him. He really is a funny kid!)

So, I put "No Line on the Horizon" on. David was eating away, and I started to think something weird was going on. During the first song, Bono frequently sings "oh yeah", followed by some typical Bono-esque "ohohohoh..." business. It seemed to me that, after the "oh yeah", David was saying "oh yeah", and then oohing after the next bit. But surely babies don't really sing along with CDs, so I tried not to overreact. Then he did it again, and again. After the 3rd time, I grabbed the video camera which, fortunately, was right next to me. I bring you David singing "No Line on the Horizon."

(PLEASE ignore my hideous baby talk high voice. I'm going to have to work on that.)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome!!!!! I could keep watching this all day!
Mom

Unknown said...

Emily and I love it! Emily said that it looks like one of those commercials where the baby can talk. It is amazing how he is singing along! We love watching any videos you have so do more if you get a chance, especially b/c he is such an entertainer already.
love, moira

Kirsten Murray said...

Too Cute!!!

When am I going to see this baby--I can't stand it!

Love,
Kirsti