Feb 13, 2008

EuroLIfe: Day 126

It's boy...we think!

Sorry to be posting this so late, and without a picture. Today was a sort of a tease, and it turns out our real 20 week ultrasound is next Wednesday! (Which is good, because I will be 20 weeks along by then :) My doctor doesn't have the higher-resolution ultrasound machine that they use for the 20 week exam, so she gave us a regular ultrasound and told us about our appointment next week at my old stomping grounds: The Frauenklinic.

It was super fun to see the baby, though. After the ultrasound, the doctor asked if we wanted to know what she thought. We said "Of course!", having already said that we were interested in finding out the gender, and she said "Well, I can't be positive, but I think it's a boy." Then she looked at me and said "Ah, you already knew that! The woman always knows." I did not already know it, but as I said yesterday, I had my suspicions. If I didn't looks surprised, it was only because so many people had already claimed to "know" that this little one is a boy! (And I myself really have sort of felt like it's a boy since somewhere in the middle of the first trimester.)

I cannot wait for the next ultrasound. That time, I will drink some orange juice just before going in. The little guy did his very best to sleep through this ultrasound, and he was in a very tough position to see. He was laying down on his back with his knees tucked up way down as low as he could be. The doctor kept trying to make him move by jostling and poking my abdomen, but he wouldn't do it. He just kept covering his face with his forearm or hand as if to say "Go away...let me sleep!" He reminded me of me in the morning, actually.

We didn't get any pictures this time either, but I'm sure we'll have a few next time. We are so excited!! It will be nice to know for sure, but for know we're thinking of this little guy as a "he."

I have already picked out a baby blanket and matching hat to crochet for him! So much for all that pink yarn :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you're so far along. Of course, maybe that's because I'm just catching up on your blog since Christmas. I envy the fact that you're able to write such enjoyable posts everyday.

Have you thought about names? This site is fun for that.

Let us know if you come across any Deltons over there.

Speaking of Delton, he peed (or is that peeed?) on me today at lunch. We're working on the potty training. Ah, parenthood.

Elaine said...

Congratulations on your ?son?. I'll be counting down the days until next Wednesday to get confirmation. Michaela and I have great plans to frequent the nearby Gymboree for all their boy clearance clothes. Never having had the opportunity to shop for boy clothes (with 4 daughters), I'm looking forward to it!!
With Love, "Soon to Be" Great Aunt Elaine (O.k. now that sounds weird!!)

Mrs. Aleisha Brixius said...

Wow, almost halfway through!! You need to post a profile view of you from the side. Can't wait to hear about your appointment next week.
Love reading your posts!!! One of our dream vacations is a trip to Germany and you are making me want to go more and more every time a read your posts.