Feb 14, 2008

EuroLife: Day 128

Valentines Day In Germany: The Roses are
Cheaper but You Still Need a Reservation for Dinner


Dolores and I walked forty-five minutes through the mist tonight to reach our favorite Italian restaurant. Upon arrival we were turned away at the door. Apparently Valentines day is bigger over here than I thought. I think its an American import. I think they just call it "Valentines day." Anyway, we settled for our second favorite Italian restaurant. My German friends insist that its run by the Mafia, though they say that about most of the Italian establishments in town. This says more about the Germans than the Italians, I think.

Speaking of Italian, here's a picture of a little accident I had while cooking Italian last week. I had some troubles with a tube of tomato paste. Tomato paste in a tube. Like tooth paste. I also had a bit of trouble making Chili. Seems the garlic here is ten times stronger than at home. I only added four cloves of garlic to what was more or less a double recipe. I've never had too much garlic in anything before, but we could barely eat it.











No comments: