Feb 13, 2009

Hello Again


I can't believe it's been over a week since I last posted!

We had a nice time last Sunday walking in the hills of Jena with some friends. I haven't been up there in ages! Actually, our plan was to walk up to a place on the top of Landgrafen to have coffee & cake, and then come back down. A nice quick walk, 15 minutes up an (impossibly long) flight of stairs, then back down. When we got there, though, it was closed. Until March. So that was a no-go!

Fortunately we know of another great place, just about 2 miles from Landgrafen by the trails. So, off we headed to Papiermuelle for our coffee and cake. It was a longer walk than we had planned, but that's OK. When we got there, though, it was also closed. Some special event had JUST started, and they were closed for the day.

By now David was sick and tired of being in the Ergo carrier, and I was sick and tired of being promised cake and then not given any. Finally, we walked back into town and--about 2 hours after we set-out--went to our favorite cake place downtown. It was really so nice to be out and about, even if it was unintentional, and made me look forward to the Spring. (As I write this, though, it has just started to snow outside. So I guess I'll have to keep on looking forward!)

Here's a shot from the hills. It was such a clear day!
And some shots from the cake-place...

(See, sometimes I hold David too!)
Little Elvis
I tried to take a shot of both of us. Who knows WHAT David is doing here!

(No longer at the cake place...) I thought David might like to play with this. He did. Then he bit a huge chunk out of it, I took it, and he burst into tears.
I LOVE this picture! He is getting so good with his little straw-sippy cup, and I just think he looks so cute using it. I haven't caught it on camera yet, but when he's lazy, he lets it sit on the ground and bends ALL the way over so he can drink from it without picking it up. It's very funny.
And, finally, he's back to staring down the camera. As soon as he sees it, he throws whatever is in his hand and stares. Don't know why he stopped smiling, but he always makes exactly this face. It's as if he's surprised, but he isn't. He holds this expression for as long as I have the camera on him!

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Ah, memories of German customer service...