Feb 1, 2009

Jumperoo!

As many of you know, David got his first taste of jumping over Christmas when my sister brought a doorway jumper for him to use. He was pretty sure it was the best thing ever made.

We don't really have a good doorway for one of those, but Fisher Price makes this Cadillac of a jumper called the Rainforest Jumperoo. They are sold everywhere back home, but a lot harder to get here. What's more, they seem to be gaining in popularity...or at least, that's the only reason I can come up in order to explain the fact that they keep getting MORE expensive, instead of less! They cost 100 Euros on Amazon.de before Christmas. After Christmas, they were up to 120 Euros--and that is before shipping! Needless to say, I bought it used on Ebay. (Even then it costs quite a bit more than a new one would back home!)

That, however, is where generous grandparents come in :) David is a fortunate little boy, and BOTH sets of grandparents figured he was a kid who needed a jumper, so....here it is!

And here!


And it's not just for jumping. This afternoon, David was gently holding the toy monkey on the jumper and talking to him. (Dada, which he learned to say yesterday actually! So he was telling the monkey all about Dada. Not Mama, but what can you do.)

I tried to get a picture but, of course, at the last second he just SENSED that there was a camera nearby. Busted.

This lead to maybe one of the funniest things David's done yet. He started mugging it for "jumperoo shots." Not so surprising, but here's where it gets good: every time I tried to put the camera down, or simply stopped pointing it a him, he would start to fuss and cry. Seriously. I couldn't make this up if I tried. I have 23 pictures of him jumping this afternoon. (And, he STILL cried when I eventually put the camera down.) Here are just a few:


And finally, the "where are you going with that camera?" shot...

Ok, I know I said "finally", but there's one more. Not a jumperoo shot, it was supposed to be a sweet picture of Michael reading to David. David was really enjoying the book, and just listening and looking at the pages, and I SWEAR I was as discreet as possible. It is simply impossible to get a candid picture of this child.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He is just tooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!! I am glad that he is enjoying his jumper. wish I could be there to see him jumping! I can't believe he cried when you stopped taking pictures- what a ham!
Love,
Terry