Mar 11, 2008

EuroLIfe: Day 153

Finished...at long last

Some of you may remember that, several months ago, I decided to take-up crocheting. My first project was to be a blanket for my niece Emily--in pink and purple, as requested. Well it's finally finished!

As you may have noticed, (a) it is currently March, and her birthday was in February and (b) that blanket is, strictly speaking, not rectangular in shape. To both I can only say "I know," and sigh.

I didn't end up following a pattern--I'm not even sure why, exactly. As it turns out, I probably should have followed a pattern. And I probably should have used a (much) heavier yarn. I would have saved myself a great deal of time and energy!

Still, I have to admit to being rather proud of my inexplicably lopsided first project. I am particularly happy with the flower, which (not surprisingly) I did get from a pattern in my book.

I am completely enamored with crocheting. (I have to admit this: I had written that I was completely "hooked on" crocheting, but was horrified by the inadvertent pun. Still, I couldn't not mention the pun, right?) I have become a yarn-buying, needle wielding fool.

I am currently working on a small blanket for our little guy. I am using a pattern for this one, and the pattern calls for a much heavier yarn, so it looks as if this next project could be finished in a week or two if it needed to be. (That said, I have plans for two other quick projects which I will need to finish rather soon, so this may have to be put on the back burner once I get those materials. I'm telling you, I have a problem!)

So there you have it. Another post on crocheting. I fear there may be more to come...I am becoming something of a junkie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great blanket! Way to go! I, too, love the flower. When we see you (soon!), I'll try to remember to bring a pattern for super-cute baby hats that are adorned with flower petals - all different varieties. Baby hats are fast and easy projects with quick gratification. Lots of love, Rach