Jun 9, 2008

EuroLIfe: Day 245

I'm sorry I've been such a negligent blogger! As some of you already know, it's been a weird week. I did not get to go to Wiesbaden after all, which is really kind of a bummer. Shortly after writing the last post, I went in for acupuncture and my BP was very high (145/95). Long story short, I ended up staying in the Fraueklinik Wednesday night through Saturday afternoon to be monitored for preeclempsia. My labwork came back clear, so I don't seem to have it, and I'm hoping it stays that way!

After I was released on Saturday, Michael and I went to a local park with some friends for a grill-out/picnic. (I did not get the "wear a red-shirt" memo...sadly, I was dressed in green.)The last photo of Thomas and Anja that we posted was taken, I think, about a week before they had their son. Now, Immanuel is almost 3 months old and just adorable! We had a great time eating brats, sitting in the grass, and watching the little guy. Michael, in particular, just can't get enough of this baby! (And, I have to admit, Immanuel seems to love Michael. I got some smiles this time, but he just lights up when Michael talks to him!)
He is incredibly cute, and incredibly easy! I've been trying to remind Michael that most babies are not that mellow...Immanuel will just hang out for ages! In church on Sunday, he woke up in his little carrier and just looked around. He didn't make a peep for about 20 minutes! I know Michael has quite a bit of baby experience, but it still seems worth the reminder that we shouldn't necessarily expect this kind of behavior from our little guy at 3 months :)


Other than that lovely outing, there's not much to report! I'm trying to keep my blood pressure down, and it's very warm outside, so my activities are pretty limited. For the most part, I really love not having, or needing, a car, but it's a little bit of a bummer now that I have to watch my BP. Anything that I might want to do, from errands to socializing, requires a decent amount of activity and then I end up exhausted with a headache. So, I'm basically a homebody these days, and homebodies don't make for very interesting bloggers!

The great news is, the little guy is due four weeks from tomorrow! It's so hard to believe, but it's equally hard to believe that he will continue to grow and I will, somehow, not explode. Maybe tomorrow I will finally ask Michael to take a new "belly shot" and post it on the blog. If I do, please be kind... :)

2 comments:

Mrs. Aleisha Brixius said...

Only 4 weeks left!!!! I didn't know you were so close to the due date. I hope your BP gets better for you. Have they been having you lay on your left side? I had to do it while I was in labor with Julia, because my BP got very low. Good luck. Can't wait for a belly shot.

Anonymous said...

You may be stuck at home, but remember...you're stuck at home...in GERMANY. Whatever you have to say will be fascinating.