Jun 19, 2008

EuroLIfe: Day 255

I am, again, sorry that we've been neglecting the blog lately. I was allowed to go home from the hospital on Monday They released me with a prescription for a very hefty dose of blood pressure medication and instructions to be checked by my doctor during the week and return to the hospital on Friday. The good thing about the medication is that it keeps my blood pressure in an acceptable range. The bad thing is that it makes me extremely drowsy, sleepy, and just plain dim-witted. I'll be mid-sentence and forget what I was saying...I'll just sort of fade off wondering what that was all about. It's no fun!

But, as some of you already know, it looks like tomorrow is the big day!!! We have an appointment at the Frauenklinik at 10:30am and, if things go as expected, they will induce me sometime tomorrow. My labwork has been changing, and I think this is pretty much preeclempsia now. The little guy will only be about 2 1/2 weeks early tomorrow, so the plan is to get things started. It is so hard to believe! It is particularly strange to know, more or less, when the baby is coming.

I have been spouting empty promises about belly shots and whatnot, and I don't have one today either. (I've simply not been feeling particularly photogenic!) But, I really really want to get a "before" shot tomorrow morning, so the plan is to do that and--assuming we stick to the plan--we'll post it next time...with the baby shots!!

In the meantime, I've included pictures of the little guy's bed and stroller. The stroller is super cool, it converts into an upright stroller for older children. I was hoping to convert it and take a picture, but so far I can't figure out how to do it...still, I know it's possible! The best part is the "carry sack" that comes out of the stroller. It is excellent for napping on the go :)

The next time I post, hopefully it will be about our little newborn boy! In the meantime, we'd appreciate prayers tomorrow...thanks!

2 comments:

Mrs. Aleisha Brixius said...

Wow!! You are going to be a mommy tomorrow or the following day!! Both of my children were induced. Good luck. I don't know how they do it in Germany compared to the states. You might have a long weight so take a good book or something to do until the time the fun part begins. You will do a great job. At the end you will have a beautiful boy in your arms to love always. Birth is amazing! Can't wait to see pictures, make sure you take your camera with you. We got pictures of our little ones as soon as they were placed on my stomach when they were cleaning them off. It is amazing. I can't wait!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ready for baby - yay!! I love the photos of your stroller and bassinet - the stroller looks awesome and the bassinet so absolutely darling. We'll be thinking of you on Friday (and always)! Lots of love, Rachel, John, Fiona, and Eamon