Jun 21, 2008

EuroLife: Day 257

One Last Belly Shot

I have to be honest, once I saw this photo I was pretty sure I didn't want to post it on the internet! Good grief, I had no idea how big I'd grown. (Though I did get my first "twins" comment about 2 weeks ago. Someone needs to tell people that pregnant folks don't like that joke.) In any case, Michael took this yesterday and it shows both my giant pregnant belly and my new hair-cut.
The hair-cut was not supposed to be as short as it is. The stylist cut just a little tiny bit off and asked if that was ok or if I wanted it shorter. I said "Maybe a little shorter"...and she proceeded to cut off the rest of my hair. I really couldn't quite believe it when she cut the first giant piece, but then I couldn't exactly tell her to put it back, or to leave the rest longer, so I just sat and watched her go to town on the rest of my head. Next time I need a hair-cut, I'm going to a stylist that my friends use. (I wanted to this time, but didn't get an appointment in time.)

The one good thing was that my blood pressure medication makes me such a space cadet that I didn't get all that upset about the hair-cut. I sat there, looking in the mirror and thinking "Well, there goes my hair...Looks pretty short...Don't really like it..." but I just didn't have the mental energy to get to worked-up about it :) Actually, now that a few days have passed, I don't mind the hair so much. It's extremely easy, and I know I'm going to appreciate that in the next few weeks!

That's it for now...hopefully, the next post will be a birth announcement! In the meantime, prayers are--as always--appreciated :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You look wonderful!!! This is what a beautiful, healthy mom-to-be should look like.
We are praying and looking forward to your next phone call!